Friday 25 October 2013

REMEMBER WHEN WE USE TO PLAY


Play time, a child of the 70's




The morning sun's out, warming up
Stay out till the street lights come on
Friends, mates, where do I fit in
Running free, adventure, discovery
Building, mission accomplished
Scooters, billy carts and tree huts
Getting dirty, jumping in water, mud
Throw a stone at my mate, I hope I miss
Make a sling shot, share it 
Hit the ball, gee i'm good
Show off, got more confidence, feel good
Wind blowing, scream, shout, it's o.k

The sun's going away, cooling down
The street lights are on
Time to go home
Built something, skin off my knee
Had fun
See ya mate, same time tomorrow
He'll be there




Play time, a child in 2013



The morning sun's out, warming up
Friends, mates, where do I fit in 
He's got that new game
Hey mate, I want a turn
Taking too long, gimme a turn
Push the button, flashing lights
Monsters, alliens, super power, like the lights
Jump, spin, mega punch, still alive
Kill, exterminate, morph, next level
I'm the best
Give it back, Feel good
Heart pounding, eyes sore
Push the button, power off, lights gone

The sun's going away, cooling down
Time to go home
Conquered the alien, I won
Had fun
See ya mate, txt ya l8ter
He better be there 


















No comments:

Post a Comment